Covid19 patient and visitor latest information
Tuesday 17 March 2020
Our priority is always the health and wellbeing of our patients and their families, staff and volunteers.
With the developing coronavirus situation across the UK, we are taking further precautions so we can maintain our care services for as long as possible. We believe the actions we are taking will give us the very best chance of achieving this, to ensure we can help as many people as possible in the coming weeks. For this reason, we are:
- increasing our telephone and video-conference services for patients and their families.
- ensuring our children’s advice line is manned by a qualified nurse 24 hours a day, seven days a week. If you have a child with a life-limiting or terminal illness and you live in Bedfordshire, Hertfordshire or Milton Keynes, you can call the free phone number on 0800 035 6497 or contact your health professional.
- continuing to operate the My Care Coordination Team’s 24-hour advice line for palliative adult patients registered with a Luton GP. Patients, families and carers should call on the free phone number 0808 180 7788 or contact their health professional.
- continuing patient visits at the hospice but restricting access to close family and friends only. While we appreciate this is far from an ideal situation, we believe it is necessary to protect all concerned as best as possible.
- continuing with our community visits for patients with the highest level of need.
- postponing all children’s and adult day support services and activities at Keech Hospice Care until further notice.
- operating our Wellbeing Centre for blood transfusions only. All other services and groups are postponed until further notice.
- from Thursday 19 March 2020, our hydrotherapy pool will be closed until further notice.
- all non-patient-related visitors and contractors are not allowed into the building.
We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your continued support and patience throughout this ongoing situation. Please look out for continued updates at www.keech.org.uk, on our social media channels and via email.
For the latest updates on coronavirus, visit www.nhs.uk/coronavirus.