Our Wellbeing Centre
Our Wellbeing Centre is a unique local service which brings together a team of care professionals with a shared goal: to support adult patients with life-limiting illnesses to live well and be independent.
How can Keech Hospice Care's Wellbeing Centre help me?
We work with you to understand your physical and emotional needs and support you to achieve your goals so you can live well independently. We work alongside you to develop a package of care and support services that is individual to you and your needs.
What services does the Wellbeing Centre offer?
Our specialist multi-disciplinary care team come together to offer a holistic approach to caring for patients with a life-limiting illness and their families. Our free personalised care and support includes:
- A specially adapted gym where you can follow one-to-one exercise programmes to fit your needs.
- Wellbeing groups geared towards improving your stamina, movement and independence
- A fully equipped hydrotherapy pool – where you can benefit from aquatic therapy with our aquatic physiotherapist.
- Private rooms for treatments (like transfusions and blood tests) and assessments.
- Quiet rooms for a range of complementary therapies such as reflexology and reiki.
- A regular carers’ drop-in service, supported by our social work team who can help you with practical advice and deal with community services on your behalf.
- Art, music and talking therapies.
Who will look after me?
We have an expert team of specialist nurses, doctors and health care assistants; a range of therapists including a physiotherapist, occupational therapist and aquatic therapist; social workers; and bereavement and spiritual support. We also have a fully trained and supervised team of volunteers. Get to know who they are here.
How long will you support me?
Your programme of care at the Wellbeing Centre is designed to help you achieve your goals. This is reviewed every few weeks and we work with you to offer the best programme of care that supports your needs. If you need us again, it’s easy to be referred back to the Wellbeing Centre. Just speak to our My Care Co-ordination Team by calling 0808 180 7788.
How do I find out more?
If you have specialist palliative care needs, you can be referred by your specialist palliative care community nurse, consultant or GP. For more information, download our Wellbeing Centre leaflet or call 01582 492339.