Trek China 2020
- 04 Oct 2020 - 10 Oct 2020
- Event type:
- Take up a challenge, Run or walk for us, Supporter events
- The Great Wall, China
Trek China is a tough, life-changing challenge but it's an achievable and truly unforgettable experience for all!
Book your place through our trek booking site. Limited places available.
To trek along one of the seven wonders of the world is an incredible experience and one that will stay with you for a lifetime. The ideal challenge for those with a passion for history and a sense of adventure, this trek will give you the opportunity to discover China's hidden charm as well as its astounding cultural past, traditions and mythology.
Trek China itinerary
- Day 1 - Sunday 4 Oct Meet our crew and your fellow trekkers at London Heathrow for the journey to China.
- Day 2 - Monday 5 Oct Upon our early-morning arrival at Beijing, we transfer to Hungyaguan where we catch our first glimpse of the Great Wall on our way to the starting point of the trek. This section of the Wall, built in 557AD, is particularly stunning because its water towers have all been restored to their former majestic glory. (Around 3-4 hours trekking)
- Day 3 - Tuesday 6 Oct Our hike today leads us straight out of the guesthouse and onto a restored section of the Wall and, by mid-morning, we reach 'Heavens Ladder' - a steep, narrow climb of over 300 steps. This is a tough section, but you will be rewarded with stunning views of the Yanshan Mountains. (Around 5-7 hours trekking)
- Day 4 - Wednesday 7 Oct Today we head out of the village up a steep trail alongside farmers' fields to the Wall, at a point known as the 'Three Borders' where Tableibei Province, Tianjin City and Beijing meet. We then make our way west with the unrestored Wall to our side. (Around 4-5 hours trekking).
- Day 5 - Thursday 8 Oct Jinshanling to Beijing. This morning we transfer to the start of the Gubeikou section of the Great Wall where, if the weather is good, we can see Miyun Reservoir and the Wangjing Tower rising in the distance. We end the day with a transfer to Beijing, where we can toast our achievements with a celebration banquet of Peking Duck. (Around 3-5 hours trekking)
- Day 6 - Friday 9 Oct Beijing. Today, we take time to explore the capital, jam-packed with 17 million residences, steeped in history and culture. We visit Tiananmen Square and the nearby Forbidden City. In the afternoon, you can choose to explore the expansive Pearl Market and test your bargaining skills or opt for a foot massage or rickshaw tour of the Hutongs, the oldest area of Beijing.
- Day 7 - Saturday 10 Oct Transfer and flight from China to London, arriving early evening.
If you require more information regarding this trek, please call us on 01582 707960 or email the trekking team at Keech.
You must be 18 or over to take part in this challenge.
By signing up to take part in the challenge, you are committing to pledge to raise a minimum of £3,500 sponsorship prior to departure (80% due 12 weeks before the date of departure, 20% due 4 weeks before). Your pledge amount includes the cost of your place in this event, which is £1,895.
To secure your place now, BOOK HERE with a £299 registration fee which covers the expenses of administrating your place.
- Return flights from London to Beijing
- Accommodation in guesthouse
- Meals and drinking water on trekking days
- Skyline tour leader
- Skyline doctor travelling with a comprehensive medical kit
- Local guides, cooks and porters.
- Personal travel insurance
- Tips for local guides
- Additional tours/transfers.
Places are very limited for this trek and awarded on a first-come, first-served basis.
To secure your place now, BOOK HERE with a £299 registration fee.