Wing Walk 2020
- 02 May 2020
- Event type:
- Take up a challenge
- Damyns Hall Aerodrome, Aveley Road, Upminster, RM14 2TN
Come and enjoy the ultimate experience for hardened thrill-seekers! A wing walk strapped to a 1940s Boeing Stearman biplane, flown by some of the best display pilots in the UK with our partner Skymax.
Upon arrival you and your guests will be greeted and made familiar with the aerodrome facilities. You will then attend a briefing to prepare you for your wing walking experience. After the briefing, a member of the ground crew will take you to your aircraft and introduce you to your pilot.
Once you have climbed aboard and been strapped on, you will hear the pilot call “clear-prop” and your adventure will begin. For the next 10-minutes, all you have to do is wave, smile and whoop! Your flight will take place directly above the aerodrome to ensure your friends and family see every second.
The aircraft will fly at speeds of up to 135 MPH, at a height varying between 100 and 700 feet. Manoeuvres will include steep-turns, dives and zoom climbs – transitioning from positive-G to weightlessness, leaving you totally exhilarated! And remember to keep smiling and waving to your audience!
After your flight, you will be presented with your flight certificate and your optional souvenir flight video to remember a truly remarkable and wonderful experience.
All flights are by the UK Civil Aviation Authority.
- You must weigh no more than 77Kg (12 stone 2 lbs) This weight limit is a hard rule as everyone will be weighed on the day
- All wing walkers must be at least 18 years old and a maximum of 65 years old.
- You must be medically fit and be able to climb to the wing walking rig on the top wing - approximately 10 feet
- Wear warm tight-fitting clothing, even in summer
Minimum Fundraising Target: £550 (including £420 for the wing walk)
(The minimum fundraising target does not include gift aid)