Wing Walk 2021
- 03 Jul 2021
- Event type:
- Take up a challenge
- Damyns Hall Aerodrome, Aveley Road, Upminster, RM14 2TN
2021 DATE NOW ANNOUNCED!
Come and enjoy the ultimate experience for hardened thrill-seekers! A wing walk strapped to a 1940s Boeing Stearman biplane, flown by some of the best display pilots in the UK with our partner Skymax.
Upon arrival you and your guests will be greeted and made familiar with the aerodrome facilities. You will then attend a briefing to prepare you for your wing walking experience. After the briefing, a member of the ground crew will take you to your aircraft and introduce you to your pilot.
Once you have climbed aboard and been strapped on, you will hear the pilot call “clear-prop” and your adventure will begin. For the next 10-minutes, all you have to do is wave, smile and whoop! Your flight will take place directly above the aerodrome to ensure your friends and family see every second.
The aircraft will fly at speeds of up to 135 MPH, at a height varying between 100 and 700 feet. Manoeuvres will include steep-turns, dives and zoom climbs – transitioning from positive-G to weightlessness, leaving you totally exhilarated! And remember to keep smiling and waving to your audience!
After your flight, you will be presented with your flight certificate and your optional souvenir flight video to remember a truly remarkable and wonderful experience.
All flights are by the UK Civil Aviation Authority.
- You must weigh no more than 85Kg (13 stone 5lbs) This weight limit is a hard rule as everyone will be weighed on the day
- You must be at least 18 years of age to take part in the wing walk
- You must be no taller than 6’ 2” to ensure shoulder harnesses fit correctly
- Wing walkers over 65 years of age, must have the Fitness Declaration section of their attached Acknowledgement & Consent Declaration and Medical Form signed by their GP. Wing walkers of 65 years of age and younger, will be required to complete and sign their Fitness Declaration on the day of their flight
- Wing walkers must have a good level of general fitness and must not suffer from, or have ever suffered from, any of the following conditions:
Epilepsy, fits, severe head injury, recurrent blackouts, fainting fits or giddiness, disease of the brain or nervous system, high blood pressure, heart or lung disease, recurrent weakness or dislocation of any limb, diabetes, mental illness, drug or alcohol addiction.
- All wing walkers must be able to climb up to and down from the top wing of our aircraft, without physical assistance. This will demonstrate a certain level of fitness, comparable to climbing a small ladder into the loft at home. Skymax staff will of course be there every step of the way, offering guidance and tips
- Wear warm tight-fitting clothing, even in summer
Minimum Fundraising Target: £550 (including £420 for the wing walk)
(The minimum fundraising target does not include gift aid)