Patient services update for Covid-19 6 April 2020
Patient services update for Covid-19
Our priority is always the health and wellbeing of our patients and their families, staff and volunteers.
With the developing coronavirus situation across the UK, we are taking further precautions so we can maintain our care services. We believe the actions we are taking will give us the very best chance of achieving this, to ensure we can help as many people as possible in the coming weeks.
For this reason, from today, we are changing our patient visitor regulations to:
• Allowing two visitors only per patient, daily and up to two hours per visit.
• Visits must be between the hours of 10am and 4pm. (We will make an exception to allow evening visits only in the case of a visitor being a key worker who can not visit between 10am and 4pm)
• For end of life patients diagnosed with COVID-19, visiting times with be at the discretion of the senior nurse on duty.
• All visitors must be immediate family members.
• All visitors must follow the Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and hand washing guidance.
• All visitors must remain in the patient’s bedroom throughout the duration of their visit.
• Visitors must be well and not have any symptoms associated with COVID-19.
We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your continued support and patience throughout this ongoing situation.
Please look out for continued updates at www.keech.org.uk, on our social media channels and via email.
For the latest updates on coronavirus, visit www.nhs.uk/coronavirus.